Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My First Blog

OK - so after having listened to my husband, Carl, tell me numerous times that I should start a blog I am giving it a shot. Since I am new to this I know that I will have a lot to learn regarding setting up the blog and making it look all snazzy!!!

I am currently a stay-at-home mom of an almost 10-month old baby girl named Kirsten. I transitioned from the corporate world last April when she was born. As much as I love her there have been times when I miss being out working although staying at home with her has certainly had its rewards. I have been taking her to Kindermusik (a class where she learns about music and movement and that incorporates different objects into her play including books, scarves, rattles, puppets, etc). I have also been able to attend a women's bible study on Thursday mornings (right now we are studying the book of Esther). During the bible study Kirsten is in nursery. We will be going to that tomorrow morning - looking forward to it. Last week I got to volunteer in the nursery so Kirsten had me with her and boy did she enjoy that!!! I have enjoyed seeing Kirsten develop into an inquisitive little girl (you could also say that she is very much a Daddy's Girl). She has just started standing on her own for a few seconds - it is great to see how she responds to our encouragement when she starts to do these things on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment